In the last decade, technology has improved in leaps and bounds. From the start of the new millennium, we have witnessed many changes in the…
Extenders are also known as signal boosters, range expandera or wireless repeater that is intended to extend the coverage area of the main router. But what if your range extender isn’t broadcasting the SSID (network name)? Don’t worry in this tutorial we will discuss the issue with its solution.
Note: You are only supposed to connect to a particular network (wirelessly) if the SSID of that network is being displayed on your connected device clearly.
Nowadays, many Linksys users are experiencing a unique brain-teaser problem i.e. the absence of their device’s SSID. As a result, they are not able to connect to their home networking system.
Here, we would like to ask a question. Have you gone through the process of Linksys extender setup for your home or office? If the answer is yes, then we are damn sure that your device might be working in a creamy smooth way, isn’t it?
Your device supposed to work smoothly;after all, it is one of the top networking brands when it comes to switches,modems, routers, and range extender. Moreover, it may interest you to know that you can connect multiple devices to your Linksys WiFi router even when you have manually configure Linksys range extender.
You just have to allow your Linksys extender to broadcast network name or in simple terms SSID so that other WiFi devices can get connected to that network through internet easily.
As soon as you have set up your device, there is no need to roam around all over in search for strong wireless signals. For this, you have to connect the computer or laptop to a local area network properly. Moreover, load up any browser of your choice and type extender.linksys.com into the address or URL field.
After that, enter the security settings to match with configuration page of your main router. Now, you need to type the password and hit the icon save settings. For more information, ask us Support for Extender.linksys.com.
You might be thinking that my Linksys range extender broadcasts the SSID always, so what is this tutorial all about, are we right? Yes, you are 100% correct, a range extender broadcasts network name usually, but on the other hand, there could be certain occasion son which you are not able to see or detect the SSID.
Sometimes, when your WiFi-enabled devices aren’t capable of recognizing the internet access, then there are chances that they are failed to find the range extender broadcasting.
If you are also experiencing the same issue, then you can easily resolve this issue by following certain light and smooth steps given below:
- The very first thing that you have to check is whether your Linksys device and your main router settings are similar to each other or not. If they are same, then that is great. In case they are not, then you need to make them same. Do you know what that it means? It means that you have to ensure that SSID and password have to be same for Linksys Smart WiFi Login and network settings.
- Consider checking the security settings for your main router and Linksys WiFi range extender as well. They should be the same.
- On the other hand, you also have to make sure that the device (computer/ laptop) you are using should be capable of sending ping for your signal booster (extender). If it isn’tpossible, then you have to change the settings made by you earlier.
- Moreover, you can try powercycling your Linksys device in case it is not broadcasting the network name.For this, you are supposed to turn off the range extender for few minutes.Don’t forget to turn on your device.
- Fab! The wireless repeater(extender) is able to broadcast the SSID. If it doesn’t, then reset your deviceback to its factory default settings. To do so, grab a paper clip and insert itinto the reset hole. Hold it for a couple of seconds and after that, releaseit.
If you are still not able to see the network name of your wireless range extender, or can’t connect to Linksys extender or your smart WiFi setup not working, then don’t forget that the service provider of Linksys is always there to help you. You just have to ask us for Extender.linksys.com Supportvia comment section below. Not only this, but you can also ask us about more help and information regarding this tutorial or any if something is left in your mind.